Seaview Manor will provide people-centered continuing care and education to residents and other stakeholders of Zone 3 of the Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) Programs and services will be based on assessed needs, keeping in mind quality of life, safety, dignity and respect for all, as evidenced by best practices and ethical processes.
Seaview Manor is recognized as a trusted leader in the provision of resident centered continuing care and education within Zone 3 of the Nova Scotia Department of Health and Wellness. Safety and well-being of residents, staff and public is a priority of the organization.
Seaview Manor holds certain values to be the cornerstone of its activities. These values include, but are not limited to:
- Respect, dignity, and privacy for everyone – residents, family, staff, visitors and other stakeholders.
- Confidentiality is inherent in all our activities.
- Cultural Competence (diversity) – we serve all people equitably regardless of race, religion, age, ability, gender, sexual orientation or socioeconomic status, while recognizing individuality.
- Autonomy – we believe individuals have the autonomy to make informed decisions regarding their quality-of-life and to refuse treatment to the extent that it will not interfere with the lives and safety of others.
- Relationships – Seaview Manor values its relationships with residents, family, friends, visitors, volunteers, and community partners. We are committed to participating whenever and wherever possible to provide resources to the community, especially the seniors and people with varying abilities.
- Accountability to all stakeholders including residents, staff, regulators, funding partners and the public.